Version Control for iOS and Mac Developers
If you write iOS or Mac apps, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you ever made a change to a program and wished you could go back to the way it was before?
- Have you ever lost hours of work due to a damaged hard drive or Xcode messing up your project?
- Are you afraid to add a new feature for fear of breaking something?
- Have you had difficulty working on a project with other people because multiple people changed the same file?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, version control can relieve your pain. Version control may bring up fears of typing obscure commands in the Terminal. But using version control doesn't have to be scary. My book Version Control for iOS and Mac Developers provides a gentle guide to using version control that is geared towards iOS and Mac developers. In the book you will learn how to:
- Place your Xcode and Unity projects under version control.
- Put your code on GitHub and Bitbucket so multiple people can work on the same project.
- See the changes you make to your source code files.
- Commit new versions of your code.
- Create branches so you can experiment without breaking your app.
- Go back to a working version of your code when things go wrong.
After reading Version Control for iOS and Mac Developers, you will be able to write iOS and Mac code, either by yourself or as part of a team, with more confidence.
Want a Discount?
The book is coming soon. If you want the chance to buy the book at a discounted price, sign up for the newsletter. Signing up for the newsletter also gives you the following benefits:
- A chance to read the book before it goes on sale to the general public.
- Tips on getting the most out of version control.
- A free excerpt of the book exclusively for newsletter subscribers.
Fill out the following form to sign up for the newsletter: